Day 10 of the Better Me Challenge is to discuss my daily routine. I’m hoping to one day get this all on video so you can see how crazy hectic my day is, or perhaps a bunch of photos that I turn into a video. We will see how that goes. Until then, I’m just going to talk about it.
My daily routine changes depending on my kids schedule and the daycare schedule. There are some days I might have 1 or 2 kids, and there are days I will have all 4. Then, you have days that I have all 4 daycare kids plus my own 4 kids because school isn’t in session. Those will be my summer days, no doubt. Those will be toughest for me.
Anyway, we’ll talk about the days that I have all 4 kids. Things have changed with the entire daycare thing. My community has complained that I have cars going in and out and am “running a business” so I’ve had to change the way I do things. I don’t know how long this will last before the daycare parents leave. I resigned, but this opportunity to meet them came up and they all jumped on it. So, where I was going to “quit” altogether, it was the parents decision to help me out and bend a little to keep their kids where they like them.
- 6:20am – Wake Up, Get girls up and ready for the day – Includes breakfast and making lunches if they are not buying that day.
- 6:50am – Out the door, Meet to Pick up Kid 1
- 6:55am – Get girls to bus stop
- 7:05 – Girls are on bus, head back to Meet and pick up Kid 2.
- 7:25 – Back home, get T up to get ready for school. Daycare kid 1 gets breakfast along with my littlest man) and Daycare kid 2 plays for a bit.
- 8am – Daycare kid 2 gets a bottle and then goes down for a nap
- 8:25am – Out the door with T, Meet to pick up daycare kid 3
- 8:40 – Drop T off at preschool, and head back to meet and pick up daycare kid 4.
- 9am – Back home, Daycare kid 3 eats breakfast (daycare kid 4 has breakfast at home)
- 9:30am – 10:30am – Play with the kids and change diapers where needed. Daycare kid 2 is usually awake by 10:30am and taking a 2nd bottle.
- 10:30am – Snack time for toddlers
- 10:45am – Nap for my littlest and Daycare kid 1
- 11am – Play with other kids and work on colors, numbers, etc.
- 12pm – Get lunch together and feed the kids
- 1pm – T is usually home by now and Daycare kid 2 and 3 are usually napping at this point.
- 1-3pm – Play with kiddos some more
- 3pm – Snack Time
- 4-4:30pm – Clean up time with the kids
- 4:45 – 5pm – Drop off daycare kid 4 with his sister or at home
- 5:15pm – back home and getting all the kids ready to walk out the door by 5:30pm
- 5:30pm – Head to park and wait for the parents of Daycare kid 1, 2 and 3 to pick up their child.
- 6:15pm – All kids are usually gone by now
- 6:30pm – One of us is usually picking up a kid from dance or gym or we’re at home prepping for dinner.
- 7:30pm – I’m usually getting ready for the gym
- 7:45pm – Gym
- 9pm – Home and Shower, kiss kids goodnight, read, play on the computer, blog, etc until I’m tired and fall asleep.
Doesn’t seem like much but I’m always, always moving! I hardly ever sit down during the day.